Saturday, June 18, 2016

SOCC Week 3 Challenge: Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls.

Do not let the issues of life harden your heart.

This is the third week of Summer of Creative Chemistry 2016 and I found this challenge to be very challenging indeed. I have never used Perfect Pearls on fabric before so this was very new for me. I have been delighted with the results and I now have a new medium to use in my fabric art. I am so grateful to Tim for setting these challenges and Online Card Classes for hosting them. They have pushed me out of my familiar zone and helped me to discover new techniques which I am very excited to be able share with you here on my blog.


I created my background by layering Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks. I was able to achieve what looks like foil flecks over the background using Forever Red and Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls. Sunflower Sparkle surrounds my heart and Forever Red was used on my backing, bordering my page.
I will be doing a tutorial on my background.


I created my heart using Forever Red Perfect Pearls in the background. I used Blue Smoke Perfect Pearls for shading. I over stamped my heart with "Curly Background" by Kaszazz and Fired Brick Distress Ink. I think it created a neat embossed look to my heart. The crack is backed with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and stitched with gold embroidery thread. I have padded my heart to give it a soft look.
I will also be doing a tutorial on using Perfect Pearls on fabric.


I used a lettering stencil and the awesome Dylusions Paint Pen in Black Marble for my words. I love the fine tip on the Dylusions Paint Pens and they work really well with fabric. I am super pleased with them and use them often. To finish I couched the gold embroidery thread to my background.
I will show you how to keep your words straight when using stencils in another post.

I really enjoyed creating this page using Perfect Pearls because it was such a challenge. I'll be back soon with some technique tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment