Saturday, June 25, 2016

Paper Artsy Challenge-Fabric #2

I have been playing around with the idea of a fabric art journal with fabric pages primed with gesso. This will allow me to use more of my art supplies and give a really nice feel to my journal. This is the first page of my art journal and I love the way it turned out. Since it was created on a fabric base I have decided to submit it to the Paper Artsy Fabric Challenge here on their blog.

I used a medium weight iron on interfacing on the back of my cotton homespun fabric before priming it with gesso. The result was a really nice canvas feel.


I created my own flower stencil and I used mainly Gelatos with a baby wipe, gesso and Embossing Paste. I have also used some background and letter stamps.


I also used chip board letters and Distress Embossing Powder on the pots.


I stitched some seed beads to the centre of the daisies and added some bling to the other flowers.


I used a crackle paint on the chip board letters.


Here you can see the texture of the embossing powder on the pots. I added some foliage by embroidering a fern stitch next to the pots for some dimension. 
This is the beauty of have fabric journal pages. I can now add a lot more interest and texture to my journal pages by embellishing them with stitching.

4 comments:

  1. this is beautiful. I was just thinking about a fabric journal page too. back to the drawing board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Helen. I love fabric journal pages, they are so tactile:) I would love to see your page!

      Delete